Uniform Tax Rebate
1/3 of employed people in the UK are eligible for a uniform tax rebate claim! You could be owed £100′s
- Are you employed?
- Do you wear a uniform or specialist clothing for work?
- Do you have to wash your uniform at home?
If so, you could claim your tax rebate today!
Enter your details on our form and we’ll call you back to start your claim.
You can claim for this year AND the last four years you have been in your occupation.
What are Uniform Tax Rebates?
A UTR is a tax rebate you can claim if your work requires you to wear a uniform that is provided by your employer and bears a company logo. If you are then required to maintain that uniform at your own expense without any contribution from your employer then you can claim by way of recompense.
Who can apply?
You are able to claim UTR if you wear a uniform that shows you do a recognisable job such as a City Parks overall, a branded tee shirt or polo shirt, or a police uniform. If your uniform does not bear a branded logo but you only wear it to work and nowhere else, then you may also qualify.
How long does it take to process?
Claims typically take between 6-8 weeks to process, depending on how busy the tax office is and whether or not we need to chase any additional forms that may be required.
In addition to claiming, we can also help you claim for any professional fees you pay, travel expenses or tax back on tools and equipment which you may also have to pay for yourself for work purposes.
Remember that by making a uniform tax claim, you could not only potentially be due £100′s in tax relief, but your tax code will also change meaning that you pay less tax in future years!
- Experienced - We are registered with the HMRC and use qualified accountants
- No Win No Fee - If you aren’t due a rebate, we don’t charge anything as simple as that.
- Valued - We value our customers and are determined to get the most for them. We can keep you up to date on other things you can claim for and services will will be beneficial to you
- No Hassle - We do all the work for you
Some of our happy clients…
“Having worked for Tesco for 12 years I knew about the laundry allowance but did nothing about it. I was able to claim back for the past 4 years. The service was so simple to use. It took no more than a few minutes to fill out – It couldn’t have been easier & weeks later a cheque arrived for £1819.43. I was over the moon. Fantastic company, brilliant service.”
S. Blake, Tesco Pontypool, South Wales
“When a colleague recommended U-Tax and told me I was entitled to a tax rebate for washing my uniform I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, I rang up straight away to find out more. The staff were great and explained the quick process to get my tax rebate in minutes. I soon received a cheque for £245.33 within weeks I couldn’t believe it! I would recommend U-Tax to anyone wanting to sort their uniform tax claim!”
Miss Greggory, West Midlands
Uniform tax rebates for Retail Staff
2 out of 3 people who are eligible for a uniform rebate do not know that they can to claim. Many retail staff are unaware that they can claim. below are some examples of retail chains that could be eligible.
- JD Sports
- Marks and Spencer
And many more…
You could be entitled to a UTR if:
- You are employed and you are a UK tax payer.
- You wear a uniform or specialist clothing for work purposes. Depending upon your employment, this could be anything from a polo shirt with the company’s logo on it, to a high-visibility jacket and overalls.
- You pay for your own laundry expenses. If you, not your employer, pay to wash your uniform, then you can reclaim the money that you have spent back from HMRC.
Soldiers are now eligible to claim!
The Ministry of Defence has announced this morning to BBC Breakfast that from next year soldiers (in lower ranks) will be eligible for to claim tax rebates for the cost of washing their uniforms.
People currently working in professions that require them to wear a uniform, are already eligible for uniform tax relief to help cover the cost of washing their uniform.
We are now taking details of soldiers who wish to claim in 2014. We will start your claim once we get the go ahead from HMRC and expect this to be sometime around April 2014. However, please feel free to call us now on 01564 774 242 if you would like to know more.